Are you looking for the Best WordPress Plugins for blogs?
I have listed here the best WordPress Plugins you will need to increase your WordPress functionality.
Best WordPress Plugins For Blogs And Business
Plugins extend WordPress’s capabilities. But the biggest problem is choosing the right WordPress plugins to use for your WordPress website.
Let’s not waste time anymore and check out the plugins:
1. WP Super Cache
Isn’t it awesome if your site loads faster?
There are hundreds of WordPress cache plugins out there, but WP Super Cache tops every one of them for its simplicity and effectiveness. What more, it works great even on shared hosting!
Whenever anyone is browsing your blog post, WordPress has to fetch that post from the WordPress database and this process needs far too many PHP calls.
For example, One thousand visitors are trying to visit your blog. In this situation, WordPress runs 1000x PHP calls to serve these web pages to everyone.
If you are on shared hosting or VPS, you must use a cache plugin.
2. Yoast SEO WordPress Plugin
SEO plugin is essential for any WordPress blog to rank higher in search engines. It helps you to drive free traffic from search engines.
This is a must-have plugin for every WordPress blog out there. I have never seen any other free SEO plugin come even close to being as powerful and effective.
It has both a free and paid version.
It’s a multi-functional plugin. It has many powerful features. This plugin is made by the people behind WordPress and is one of the most well-maintained WordPress plugins you will ever encounter.
These are some features you can have from Jetpack:
- Add a contact form.
- Track page views & search queries with powerful analytics.
- Monitor downtime and get notified when your site is down.
- Prevent hackers from brute-forcing your blog’s login page.
- Provide social sharing buttons to let your reader share your blog posts.
- Auto-publicize your blog posts on Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus after you publish any blog post.
- Show related posts to increase engagement & lower down bounce rate.
- Provide subscription options so that users can subscribe to your blog updates.
- Create a sitemap. But I would recommend you to use the sitemap featured by Yoast SEO.
- Take daily backups of your blog using VaultPress
- Get a free CDN with Photon.
Once you start using Jetpack You will able to reduce using the number of plugins
Akismet is an official WordPress plugin from Automattic to prevent spam comments in WordPress.
This plugin ensures your blog is free from comment spam!
After starting a WordPress blog, and you will get some cheesy lines in the comments, you should not get excited. It is most likely a spam comment.
- I love your post. You’ve got excellent writing skill.
- Your article writing style is awesome and I have subscribed to your blog.
- Wow! This is so informative article!
when you are about to check the URL, and you will realize that it leads to some spammy affiliate site.
It’s a must-have plugin.
5. One Signals
It’s an awesome tool. This unique plugin for driving more traffic to your blog. It adds a new way for your readers to subscribe to your blog.
It adds web push technology, and readers using Chrome, Safari, or Firefox browsers will get a notification to subscribe to your blog updates.
Whenever you publish a new blog post, your subscribers will get push notifications alerting them of a new post.
You can also send manual push notifications to drive traffic to any specific blog post, landing pages or even an advertisers site.
6. Social Warfare
It lets you add sharing buttons on both your desktop and mobile sites.
It supports all modern platforms like:
- Pinterest (direct on the image)
- Reddit … and many more
7. Contact Form 7
It’s an awesome tool because it shows things like referral source which is very useful for knowing how your visitor navigated through your site before using the contact form.
This tool has the ability to customize it according to your needs. The form can be created, and every entry from it will be sent to your email.
You can also create multiple forms with multiple tables.
Managing affiliate links was never easy. It was tough to maintain affiliate links without using a link management system.
ThirstyAffiliates is the best affiliate link management tool for WordPress.
It allows you to add and cloak affiliate links, organize them in categories, insert links into posts/pages, turn keywords into affiliate links and manage affiliate links in an efficient way.
This tool helps to
- Cloak long ugly affiliate links
- Protect your commissions from theft
- Insert affiliate links into blog posts easily
9. WordFence Plugin
There are hundred of security-related plugins out there. WordFence is one of the top security plugins that can ensure your blog stays safe from hackers.
The features of this plugin are overwhelming, but essentially, this plugin ensures your blog doesn’t get hacked.
They roll out updates now and then to tackle the latest hacking and cracking techniques.
10. Broken Link Checker
This plugin will monitor your blog looking for broken links and let you know if any are found.
The amazing features of this tool are-
- Monitors links in your posts, pages, comments, the blogroll, and custom fields (optional).
- Detects links that don’t work, missing images and redirects.
- Notifies you either via the Dashboard or by email.
- Makes broken links display differently in posts (optional).
- Prevents search engines from following broken links (optional).
- You can search and filter links by URL, anchor text and so on.
- Links can be edited directly from the plugin’s page, without manually updating each post.
- Highly configurable
11. Ultimate Blocks – Custom Gutenberg Blocks
Ultimate Blocks made it insanely easy to create better and engaging content with Gutenberg. Ultimate Blocks currently includes the following blocks:
- Review (Schema Markup Enabled) – View Demo
- Table of Contents – View Demo
- Tabbed Content – View Demo
- Call to Action – View Demo
- Content Toggle (Accordion) – View Demo
- Feature Box – View Demo
- Notification Box – View Demo
- Number Box – View Demo
- Testimonial – View Demo
- Click to Tweet – View Demo
- Social Share – View Demo
- Countdown – View Demo
- Progress Bar – View Demo
- Star Rating – View Demo
- Image Slider – View Demo
- Button (Improved) – View Demo
- Divider – View Demo
MonsterInsights is the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. It helps to connect your website with Google Analytics properly, so you can see exactly how people find and use your website.
You can then optimize your website accordingly to increase your traffic, subscribers. MonsterInsights has a free version, but the true power of it only unlocks when you upgrade to the Pro version.
OptinMonster is the most popular conversion rate optimization software in the market. It allows you to convert abandoning website visitors into email subscribers and customers.
It’s a great solution for bloggers, business websites, and eCommerce websites. Basically, if you want to make more money from your website traffic, then you need OptinMonster.
OptinMonster comes with pre-made high-converting opt-in forms that you can easily customize with their drag & drop builder.
Their powerful display targeting features allow you to personalize the campaigns for each user, so you can show the right message at the right time.
The plugin always keeps your database optimized for the best performance by cleaning up the WordPress database and optimizing WordPress.
It automatically removes unnecessary data from WordPress without manual queries. This tool currently includes the following features:
- Removes all unnecessary data (e.g. trashed/unapproved/spam comments, stale data) plus pingbacks, trackbacks and expired transient options
- Compact/de-fragment MySQL tables with a button-press
- Detailed control of which optimizations you wish to carry out
- Carries out automatic weekly (or otherwise) clean-ups
- Retains a set number of weeks’ data during clean-ups
- Performs optimizations without the need for running manual queries
- Automatically trigger a pre-optimize backup via UpdraftPlus
- Show database statistics and potential savings
- Mobile friendly and easy-to-use
- Translated into several languages
- More planned
Redirection is the most popular redirect manager for WordPress. It helps you to manage all the 301 redirections and keep track of 404 errors.
The plugin automatically adds a 301 redirection when a post’s URL changes whereas you can also add 301, 302, and 307 redirections manually for a post.
You can redirect all the URLs and also have full logs for all redirected URLs when you have to change the permalinks of your posts or pages but you forget to redirect them.
That is when users will land on a not available page following the old URL which doesn’t exist anymore. And, it is another way you are making your visitors upset.
16. MailChimp for WordPress
This plugin is being actively used on nearly 2 million WordPress sites, has been downloaded over 17 million times and 99% of all users rate it with 4 stars or more.
The plugin lets you create beautiful opt-in forms to add more subscribers to your email list. This plugin is the best WordPress plugins for blogs that have low budgets.
Besides, you can easily integrate the plugin with any other form on your sites like contact form, comment or checkout form.
It supports all the major form plugins like Contact Form 7, WooCommerce, etc. It has both a free and paid version. Install the plugin and start your email marketing campaign instant!
You can also try GetResponse for email marketing.
SEMRush is must have plugin. It makes sure that you can see where warning and errors are popping up and tells you how to remediate them.
It will also show you how you are doing for keywords you are tracking and how you stack up against competitors.
It also is the best overall software I’ve seen for SEO, with the ability to integrate with Google Analytics & Search Console.
I can’t think of writing without this tool. This tool made the writing insanely easy. The free version is sufficient for most people.
However, you can always update to the premium version to unlock plagiarism detector, vocabulary enhancement suggestions, and more advanced features.
Want to design your WordPress site without hiring a developer? Building a WordPress site is easy with a page builder plugin like Elementor. This a must-have and one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs.
Elementor Page Builder comes with an exclusive toolset, that lets you create truly a responsive website in a whole new and visual way.
From different font size, padding and margin per device, to reverse column ordering, this is the most powerful mobile page builder for creating perfect responsive websites.
It has both a free and paid version
Also, check How to create a custom website by a website builder without knowing any coding.
20. WP Coupons And Deals Plugin
I am a big fan of this plugin. This tool will definitely increase your affiliate sales by its wonderful feature.
The plugin can be used to manage your affiliate coupons and make more money from them. It allows you to hide the coupon code from users, so you can get more traffic and affiliate sales.
Their import coupon feature helps in importing multiple coupon codes from a CSV file to your WordPress website.
It comes with multiple custom templates to create coupon pages that you can use to fulfil your partnership needs. This is one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs.
What do you think are the best WordPress plugins?
That wraps up our list of the best WordPress plugins for blogs. But what about you? If you had to recommend the best WordPress plugins, which would you add? Please comment and let us know!
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through these links, I will get a commission at no extra cost to you.