Yeah, You have heard it right! RoadToBlogging Makes Blogging Journey Easier!
I am kinda excited because today I am gonna publish an interview with the guy who had inspired me to step into this blogging industry.
I am talking about Istiak Rayhan. The man behind RoadToBlogging. We are buddies since 2010 and completed our graduation from the same university.
Interview with Istiak Rayhan-Founder of RoadToBlogging
I hope most of the bloggers know his name as he has great fame across the internet as one of the top established bloggers.
Wanna start blogging and make money online? Start here with the award-winning hosting.
No worries for the reader who is not introduced with this name will get introduced by the following Q & A series.
So, Let’s get started-
1. Can you tell our readers about yourself and your blogs?
Hi, I am Istiak Rayhan. I’m a full-time blogger and internet marketer from Bangladesh. I’ve been in the blogging industry since 2012. So far, it’s a fantastic journey.
I run a few authority and niche blogs. Here are some of those blogs:
RoadToBlogging: I started this blog back in 2012 to share my blogging journey with others. I spend most of my time on this blog.
WPLeaders: I acquired this blog from Hesham Zebida in 2017. Since then, I have published a lot of in-depth posts on the blog. And it’s doing great.
HostLater: I acquired this blog from Pradeep Kumar (Founder of HellBoundBloggers). I’ve not spent much time on the blog. Now I’m trying to revive the blog.
2. Tell us a bit about your WordPress plugins.
I’ve started plugin business with my younger brother recently. He is handling the development part, and I’m taking care of the marketing part.
We are working on three plugins right now –
Ultimate Blocks: It’s a Gutenberg blocks plugin specially designed for bloggers and content marketers.
WP Table Builder: It’s the only WordPress table plugin that comes with a true drag and drop interface.
WP Coupons and Deals: It’s a coupon plugin for affiliate marketers.
3. What inspired you to start blogging?
The starting part was accidental. I had no idea about professional blogging back then. I used to work on a micro freelancing site called Micorworkers. There were some blog posting tasks. I created my first site to do those tasks.
Later I came to know about professional blogging from Harsh Agrawal (Founder of ShoutMeLoud). Finding his blog is one of the best things that ever happened to me. It made me believe that making money blogging is real. So Harsh inspired me to take blogging seriously.
4. What do you think is the best strategy that worked well for you to get more traffic to your blog?
Consistently publishing quality posts and updating old posts work great for me. For me, it’s the best way to drive more traffic to a blog.
Another important thing is to build a community around your blog. I’ve not given much attention to this. Now I’m trying to build a community around our every project.
5. What do you do to improve your current content?
Every week, I update 2 – 3 old posts. The main thing I do is make sure that my posts are better than those posts which are ranking on the first page of Google.
Here are a few things I do to improve the content.
- Update the images of the post.
- Make the post more scannable.
- Add things like Table of Contents, Schemas, Slider, etc if needed.
- Tweak post title if needed.
- Add a single call to action.
- Add internal links and more.
6. What has been your most successful post? Why do you think it was appealing?
It’s tough to select one as the most successful post. But I really love this post – 21 Actionable Tips To Increase Affiliate Sales (Without Increasing Traffic).
I believe if someone follows the post thoroughly, s/he will be able to increase affiliate sales dramatically.
7. What was your greatest failure, and what did you learn from that?
There are many things that didn’t work. But I don’t consider them as failures.
But yes, I made a lot of mistakes. One of the worst mistakes was not updating the old posts of RoadToBlogging.
I started RoadToBlogging back in 2012. And now it’s 2020. A lot of the posts of RTB are 5 – 7 years old. And those are totally irrelevant now.
I should have updated posts from time to time. But I didn’t. And I think this is the reason why RTB got penalized my Google update.
Now I’m working on the old posts of RTB and trying to make them awesome again.
I’m not going to make the same mistake for other blogs. I update old posts of other blogs regularly.
8. Tell me about your proudest achievement?
Back in 2013, I made $1800 in a single month. That was a huge amount considering I was a University student.
I used that money to repay my family’s debt. That was the proudest moment, I think.
9. Any advice for upcoming bloggers?
Yes, here are a few advice for newbie bloggers.
- Be real. And do your things.
- Don’t consider blogging just as a money-making tool. It’s the tool to help others and make the world a better place.
- Be consistent. Try to contribute something to your blog every day.
- Have patience, and keep going.
I hope you have enjoyed reading this interview with Istiak Rayan the founder of RoadToBlogging. If you think this content has inspired you, don’t forget to inspire your friends by sharing on social media.
Wanna Drive Organic Traffic Fast?
- Run Site Audit Regularly
- Keep An Eye On Your Keyword Ranking Position
- Remove Toxic Backlinks
- Find The Easy To Rank Keywords
- Get Suitable Backlink Ideas
- Fix The On-page SEO Mistakes
- Fix Technical SEO Issues And So On!