Whats’s up everyone?
Hope you all are doing great!
Today I am going to have a small conversation with one of my most favorite bloggers.
Yeah, You have guessed the right name! He is Anil Agarwal. The man behind BloggersPassion is earning consistently $10k per month.
Anil has shared many useful blogging tips and SEO hacks here. You have a lot to learn from this interview.
So stay tuned!
And stuck with me till the last!
An Interview With Anil Agarwal
Anil Agarwal is one of the most top bloggers in India. With more than 10 years of experience, he has helped thousands of bloggers to start a successful blogging journey.
Let’s get started with the interview.
Can you please introduce yourself to FacileWay readers who do not know much about you?
My name is Anil Agarwal, a full-time blogger from India. I’m currently running a couple of blogs at BloggersPassion.com and HostingMonks.com. I started BloggersPassion in 2010 and HostingMonks was started in 2019.
On BloggersPassion, I mostly write about search engine optimization, blogging, and affiliate marketing-related topics. And HostingMonks is dedicated to web hosting solutions only.
For the last two years, I have been able to make over $10,000 every month from these two blogs. A major contribution comes from the BloggersPassion blog. And all of this income comes through affiliate product selling.
From the beginning of this year, we get into eBooks and courses as well. So far, we have launched a couple of courses here and a couple of premium eBooks here.
When did you decide to step into blogging and why you have chosen this platform?
Towards the end of 2004, I started my job as an SEO executive. That was my first job. As part of my job, I started using free blog creation platforms like Blogger.com, WordPress.com, etc. to create free blogs for the promotion of websites I was working on.
The primary motive was to build backlinks for our websites from these blogging platforms. But soon, I realized the potential of blogging and started using Blogger.com to host my personal blogs.
Yes, that’s true. I started my first blog on Blogger.com and kept using the Blogger.com platform for a couple of years before moving to a self-hosted WordPress blog.
How have you tackled the last Google Core Update in 2020?
Google released the core Algo Update in May 2020. We noticed an improvement of more than 15% with our Google search traffic after this update.
Guys if this update did not go well for you, please work on the below tasks:
- Make sure the number of pages indexed in Google should match with the actual contents on your blog.
- Improve the quality of your blog posts. Make sure you are not targeting the same set of keywords in multiple posts. Get rid of the outdated posts and add more valuable content into the post where you notice a drop from Google search. Before doing that, analyze the content quality of the top 5 ranked pages in Google search for your target terms.
- Study your backlinks and get rid of toxic backlinks.
SEMrush is the most Recommended SEO tool to study backlinks and get rid of toxic backlinks. You can get the free trial for SEMrush without spending a single penny.
What are some common SEO mistakes you’ve seen in other organizations?
Sharing a few common SEO mistakes that are made by lots of people across organizations:
- They end up targeting the same set of keywords in multiple posts. This is called Keyword Cannibalization. Due to this, their internal pages compete with each other to get the top ranking on Google search. This is a bad practice. Ideally, you should have one target page only for a keyword.
- They use the same set of SEO values (SEO Title & Meta Description) on multiple pages. Ideally, every page on your blog should have unique SEO values and they should match with the content on those pages.
- The use of anchor text is a big problem. Lots of people don’t use anchor text properly. All anchors created around SEO mistakes (example topic) should point to this page only and not any other page on your blog or external website.
How do you use content marketing for SEO?
Content marketing is really important when it comes to driving traffic to our blog from any source including search engines. Our content should be top-notch if we are expecting good results with our efforts.
We should work on our content in a way it makes readers and Google bots happy. With content marketing, we try to write problem-solving content and then market that to get more traffic and sales from different sources.
What is your approach to developing an SEO strategy?
When it comes to driving traffic from Google search, here is my strategy:
- I target long-tail keywords and create great content around them.
- Link to that content from existing blog posts.
- Share important content on our social handles
- Reply to a few questions on Quora to drive some traffic and links to my blog posts.
- If it’s worth doing, I try to do a video on the same topic.
- Link to important posts from my interviews, guest posts, roundups wherever they fit in naturally.
This is how I happen to get lots of traffic from search engines. We happen to get more than one million views every year from Google searches.
Tell us something about your paid eBooks?
So far we have launched a couple of eBooks. The first eBook was about keyword research. With Keyword Research eBook, our motive is to help you find lots of easy to rank and high-traffic keywords.
If you are not good at keyword research, you should grab this eBook to improve your keyword research skills now.
The second eBook is around affiliate marketing. With Affiliate Marketing Blueprint eBook, we are trying to take your affiliate income from $0 to $1000 a month. This is a must-have eBook if you are serious about making money via affiliate marketing.
Soon we will be launching our next eBook that will be around search engine optimization. Planning to launch it sometime in August this year.
Any suggestions for the newcomers?
To the newbies in the blogging domain, I would suggest they should work really hard on their blogs for the first two years. Things will become much earlier after that.
Don’t lose hope and stay motivated.
Try to learn new skills and at the same time, implement them. Implementation is the most important.
Thanks a lot, Anil for your awesome contribution. You have added great value to FacileWay and its readers.
So, guys to succeed in blogging all you need proper blogging mindset, dedication, and patience.
Please share with your friends if you all have enjoyed the interview with Anil Agarwal.