Are you worried about starting a blog? Don’t worry! You are at the right place. I’ll show you exactly how to create your own blog, no technical experience required. It’s easier and faster than you think.
When I created my first blog I had zero blogging experience. It took me a good amount of time because I had to google my way through. I have covered another article on how to start blogging with Bluehost. You can check that too if you prefer.
What you will learn from this content ?
- How to start blogging
- Why You should start blogging
- How to start making money from blogging
There are six steps to start a blog
- Decide what to blog about.
- Choose a blogging platform.
- Find a host.
- Pick a domain name.
- Get started with WordPress.
- Design & use your blog
How To Start A Blog
Step 1: Decide what to blog about
If you are part of a business, company or organization, your blog should be related to the products or services you provide or the cause you promote.
If you’re an individual, you have more flexibility when choosing a topic. I talked about it here, but the main things to remember are:
- Blog about something you enjoy. If you aren’t passionate about your topic, writing about it will not be a good way and your readers won’t also be interested.
- A blog requires a lot of content to get going and remain interesting. You’ll be at this a long time so make sure you have plenty to talk about
- Choose a niche in which you can establish yourself as an authority.
The goal for any blog is to become the go-to resource for its topic or niche
Step 2: Choose a blogging platform
If you want to play, you need a playground. If you want to blog, you need a blogging platform.
There are many blogging platforms. But I prefer WordPress. Cause it’s easy to understand and easy to install.
If you like WordPress, you have two options:
hosted or self-hosted.
- Hosted WordPress blogs are called WordPress.com blogs, are free but limit your income potential.
- Self-hosted WordPress blogs are called WordPress.org blogs, cost a little money but give you much more control, and do not limit your income potential.
I prefer the self-hosted though it will cost you a little amount of money, it will bring back the money too if you determined.
Step 3: Find a host
To be online, and accessible to anyone, you need server space. You get server space from a hosting company or HOST.
What host should you use?
Note: You can also try anyone of these 7 best and cheap hosting providers if you want. They way procedure are almost same to start your WordPress blog or business website. I have shown the procedure with Hostgator. That’ it!
I recommend the award-winning host that I am using, the links below are my referral links. This means, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you make a purchase.
Select A Plan
Choose the plan you’d like to start with by clicking one of the green select buttons.
Step 4: Pick a domain name
A domain is a web address. For example, FacileWay.Com is my domain name.
If you don’t already have ideas, use your name, or think of something short, catchy and shareable.
The second step is choosing the package. like I have chosen the Hatchling for example.
Enter your billing information
There is some additional service for step 4 that will cost extra money. Its up-to you buy those services or not.
But You will get an SSL certificate for free. Add that tools in your cart.
Submit ”FacileWay” as promo codes to get discount. Then review order details if you need anything to add on card.
After Reviewing the order. Try for checkouts.
After checking out HostGator, they will ask for an email confirmation and setting of a password. If you have to do that. After completing that task, the task of installing WordPress comes.
You can also try Hostinger Hosting Plan. They are quite cheap and beginer friendly. You can start blogging only for $0.80 per month with hostinger.
Step 5: Get started with WordPress
To get started with WordPress you have to log in to cPanel of HostGator.
After Logging in cPanel there will open an interface like this-
You have to click on WordPress Installer in that interface.
you have to select your domain name here that has it is some time ago. You can leave the Directory blank.
Your Domain will be your blog name. Like my blog is FacileWay.Com. So the Blog title will be FacileWay.
Admin User will be the name that you will use to log in the WordPress interface after installing WordPress. I am gonna show that step by step.
Then enter First Name & Last Name and your mail that has been used to sign up the domain and hosting. Then go to Install Now.
Installing WordPress. By using admin it’s you have to log in to WordPress through username and password. The admin URL will be like domainname/wp-admin/
After visiting administrative URL you will get a page like this-
Use your WordPress username and password. Then you will see a page like this. it’s is a WordPress interface from where you will be in operation of running your blog.
To write a blog post:
- Go to Posts
- Click Add New
This will launch the WordPress Editor, which lets you write your blog posts using a really intuitive block system.
Step 6: Design & use your blog!
When you create a WordPress blog, one of the major benefits that you get is access to WordPress huge collection of themes and plugins. Here’s a quick overview of the two:
Once you’ve found a theme that you love, WordPress makes it easy to add that theme to your site.
- Go to Appearance
- Select Themes
- Click the Add New button
Also Read. Best Responsive WordPress Theme
While themes are mostly about appearances, plugins are more focused on helping you add functionality to your blog.
If you can think of a feature, there’s probably a plugin for it. That’s because the WordPress community offers over 50,000 free plugins, plus there are thousands of premium plugins.
How to install WordPress plugins
- Go to Plugins → Add New
- If you chose a free plugin at WordPress.org, search for the plugin by name and click Install Now.
- If you purchased a premium plugin, click the Upload Plugin button and upload the ZIP file you should have received when you purchased the plugin.
Make sure that you have Activated the plugin after installing it.
Congratulations! You are a proud owner of a self-hosted WordPress site.
Why you should start a blog?
- Make money while working from home.
- Become a published author.
- Get more exposure to your existing business or organization.
- Just write.
1. Make Money While Working From Home
You don’t need so many resources to start blogging. All you need writing skills and idea generating capabilities and pick a niche you are passionate about. For doing this you don’t need an office set up I guess.
2. Become A Published Author
There are three kinds of publishing options-
- Traditional publishing
- Vanity publishing
In traditional publishing, You have a publisher who pays you money for your work. That normally takes the form of an upfront payment, complemented (if you do well) by further royalty payments as the book sells.
But traditional publishing certainly isn’t the only answer for writers these days.
Self-Publishing is the option where you can publish a book by yourself through Amazon or any other platform. Anyone can upload anything to Amazon. The actual upload process takes only a few minutes. It costs nothing All you need is an Amazon account and you’re good to go.
Vanity Publishing is the platform where some people will offer you help against publishing your book. But in addition, they will look for your partnership where you can do it for free on Amazon. It totally a scam. Don’t agree to do that.
Blogging & Blog to Book
There’s one more approach to publishing which can really work – though for non-fiction, mostly, not fiction.
- You set up a blog on any platform you care to choose.
- You write posts about your non-fiction passion.
- You slowly build an audience over time. The more you write and the better you engage your audience, the more that audience will grow.
- Then, potentially, you take a book idea to a literary agent. That book idea will be more than just a compilation of blogs (those things never work well in book form), but it will certainly spring directly from the work you’ve already done.
This is the easiest way to become a published author.
3. Get More Exposure To Your Existing Business or Organization.
If everything is alright, blogging can help increase exposure to your target audience and validate your business as an expert in your industry. Did you know that 47% of buyers viewed 3 to 5 pieces content before engaging with a sales rep? Don’t you want the content they’re viewing to be on your site, not your competitors?
Here are 5 ways blogging can be beneficial for increasing your business exposure.
- Use blogging to improve your search engine results ranking
- A regularly updated blog with relevant content interests readers and keeps them coming back
- Sharing content on social media increases reach and drives traffic back to your website
- Blogging helps establish your expertise and credibility
- Use lead generation forms to help you get more subscribers
Also, Check Best SEO Tools For Your Blog.
4. Just Write
Writing for a living offers a ton of advantages – you get to choose when and where you work, and with whom.
If you want to earn money by writing online for others, here are 10 sites where you can get paid to write your own articles.
- Wow Women on writing :$50-$100
- Strong Whispers:$50-$150
- College Humour: $25-$150
- Watch Culture: $25-$500
- Developer Tutorials: $30-$50
- Michelle Pippin: $50-$150
How do bloggers make money?
Bloggers make money directly on their blogs and indirectly through related opportunities. Trickles of income from multiple streams add up to a large river of income.
These are income streams. There are 5 main ones, with many possibilities under each:
- Advertising & sponsored content
- Affiliate marketing
- Digital products
- Physical products
1. Advertising & Sponsored Content
Companies want to get their product in front of potential customers. They may be interested in advertising on your blog if your readers are their ideal customers. Here are ways to incorporate advertising into your blog:
- Display Ads
- Giveaways & reviews
- Sponsored or underwritten posts
- Newsletter/video/ podcast sponsorships
2. Affiliate Marketing
As an affiliate marketer, you promote someone else’s product or service to your readers. You link to that product or service using your unique affiliate link. When someone clicks through that link and makes a purchase (or completes a desired action set by the company), you earn a commission.
Also, Check How to earn with a HostGator affiliate program.
3. Digital Products
Many bloggers create and sell their own digital products. Digital products are great because they don’t require inventory and can be distributed quickly and easily. There’s no overhead and low risk. Examples of digital products bloggers create:
- Online classes or workshops
- Premium Content
- Membership sites
- Audio or video
- Apps, plugins or themes.
4. Physical Products
There are many bloggers who sell physical products like-
- Handmade Products
- Manufactured Products
- Retail arbitrage
- In-person conferences, classes or special events
Have a look, Best laptop for blogger and writing.
Some bloggers use expertise related to their blog topic and get paid when others hire them. Services can be offered locally or virtually. Examples:
- You can be a speaker. Many bloggers find speaking gigs as a result of the platforms they build on their blogs.
- You can offer a service to clients and is similar to virtual assistants.
- You can work as an organizer, decorator, and coke. Some bloggers provide in-person services to their local readers.
Offering services is an excellent way of earning money. All you need is skill and patience. There is no inventory cost or any other headache. Your skill will bring money to you.
Hope, Hope this post helped you a lot. If you wanna share anything, please feel free to contact me or leave here a comment.
And encourage me to write more about this by sharing my posts.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through these links, I will get a commission at no extra cost to you.