HostGator is best for its simple and cheap shared hosting.
Gator was created for anyone who has an idea for a website and wants a frustration-free
solution to build and launch a website with ease. In addition, Gator comes with some of the
basics you need, such as included website hosting, security basics like an SSL certificate, and a
free domain name.
WordPress can still be a pain if you’re brand new to web development of any kind, and if you just need a simple site, it may be overkill.
That’s one of the main reasons that HostGator finally created their own site builder, called GATOR.
Free domain included (if you don’t already have a domain)
● Free SSL certificate
● Cloud hosting included in the all-in-one purchase price
● Blogging option included with all plans
● Frustration-free drag-and-drop editor
● No Ads!
1. Choose a plan:
The starter plan will come with everything you need to get started with a great website – a free domain, access to more than 200 professionally designed templates, a frustration-free drag-and-drop editor, and integrated website analytics
2. Choose a Domain:
If you already have a domain, you can quickly connect it to your Gator website with the “connect it here” button. If you don’t already have a domain, Gator by HostGator comes with a free domain. Start typing in the “find a new domain name” box to see if your top choice is available.
3. Choose a Template
Gator comes with more than 200 professionally-designed templates included for free.
The designs are fully customizable – you can quickly change the color scheme, fonts, or text style to match your business. In addition, all of the professional design templates come with a mobile-friendly version.
Once you have selected a theme for your website and clicked the button to “Start Editing,” you will be directed to your main account dashboard. At first glance, you’ll see that a few pages have already been created. You can add, edit, or delete any of these pages by clicking the “pages” button on the left side of your dashboard.
Gator comes with an easy step-by-step guide to show you how to set up the different sections of your site. Click the menu icon next to the Gator by HostGator logo and select the “getting started a tour.” This tour will guide you through the steps to edit pages and add elements such as text blocks, images, buttons, and more.
From the elements tab, you can add items such as an image, text block, or button.
If you want to start a blog…
Gator comes with an easy blogging feature integrated. Some website builders give you the choice of either a basic website or a blogging platform. Gator offers both. It’s as simple as selecting the “blog” tab from the left sidebar and clicking “start a blog.”
Also, Read How To Start Blogging
If you want to start an eCommerce business with online store…
1. Choose the “eCommerce plan” (or upgrade your account to the eCommerce plan) to access the online store feature.
2. Click the Store button from the left side of your dashboard to add a store.
The website builder will automatically populate the store with example products so you can see what the store will look like when it’s done.
- HostGator’s website builder, Gator, is incredibly user-friendly. The builder comes with pre-designed templates and a drag-and-drop editor.
- The templates themselves look a little basic, but they’re perfect for creating simple online presences like blogs.
- Gator has some brilliant features. As well as being hosted for you, it also gives you unlimited bandwidth and storage space.
- There’s no free plan or trial, but prices are very reasonable. Gator’s Starter plan represents the best value for money.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through these links, I will get commission at no extra cost to you.